Bloomsbury Cultural History is an extraordinary, fully cross-searchable digital resource that engages with culture throughout the ages from antiquity to modernity. Thanks to its interdisciplinary nature and ever-expanding collections, this unique digital reference tool promises to be an essential resource on many courses from cultural studies and sociology to history and anthropology.
With exclusive digital access to Bloomsbury’s cutting-edge Cultural Histories series as well as an extensive e-book collection, image partnerships with the Wellcome Collection and supporting features like lesson plans and an interactive timeline, it has never been easier for students and scholars alike to explore the cultural worlds that have shaped our own.
For a full description of the contents and features, read more about Bloomsbury Cultural History
Please note that Bloomsbury Cultural History is comprised of yearly collections. Please see the What's Included page for more details.
How to Subscribe
Bloomsbury Cultural History is available by annual subscription or perpetual access to institutions, including universities, colleges, schools and public libraries. Please contact us directly to get information on pricing or to arrange a 30-day free trial at your institution:
For other queries and feedback, please contact us
Sign up to the Bloomsbury Cultural History newsletter.
Visit our Administration Portal
(user name and password required) to:
- Download COUNTER 4 usage statistics.
- Check details of all your subscribed products from Bloomsbury.
- Add or change details of your OpenURL resolver and Shibboleth credentials.
- Add your institution's logo to the footer of Bloomsbury resources you subscribe to
- Edit your contact details
Please note that there are three COUNTER 4 reports available:
- PR1: lists total searches, result clicks, and record views across the platform by month
- DB1: tracks the individual collection and records searches, record views, and result-clicks for each applicable database by month
- DB2: records the 'turnaways' from content items at the product (database) level by month
If you have lost or forgotten the administrator username and password for your institution, please contact us